Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DGGBA: earth are you

DGGBA stands for dave gulbis gives bad advice. DGGBA is also proof that DGHTMTOHH. Figure that one out yr damn self.

dear dave,

I'm super broke right now. I know, I know. People say that ALL the time - and most of the time it's a cop out. I'm actually sick of people saying: "Oh, mee tooooo" when I tell them I'm broke. I'm like "Bro, you have no idea." But I digress.... The problem is that I work like 3 jobs and am constantly saying YES to more projects. And I'm exhausted! So my question is this: Should I tell my boss at the job that I make the most money (but like the LEAST) that I am available to work more? Or keep the status quo as part time at the soul-sucking job and do the other things I like, even though they are barely paying me and I'm working constantly?? HELP ME!

Sincerely,
WorkingAwayMyMortality
in Oakland

********

dear WAMMIO (ha! WAMMIO!) -

what is money? i mean, we all know what money can get you (like love, for example) and how good it feels to have it, but what is money REALLY? Does it make the world go around? Is it the root of all evil? Does it, as the saying goes, actually talk (I hope so - I may have to mention my change jar in my next therapy session)? what i'm trying to get at here is people believe a lot of things about money, but does anyone REALLY know what it is?

(i'm gonna take a brief intermission here, i'm pretty sure i just WAMMIO'ed yr fragile little mind right now)

during that brief intermission, someone probably just made more money than i will ever see, and someone else probably just lost a whole bunch of some foreign currency that i didn't even know existed. but look at me! i'm still here (sort of...i haven't updated in forevs), giving bad advice to readers ALL OVER THE WORLD and not making a thin red dime in the process (hello to my 4 pakistani readers! why on earth are you reading this blog, is pakistan really that boring???). money only matters if you let it, and as this world continues to WAMMIO its way to oblivion, why let finances fuck up yr fun? so my advice to you, WAMMIO, would be...WAMMIO it! Do what you want, fuck a paycheck, and if shit gets ugly, go get WAMMIO on some rich dude's ass (and then WAMMIO another while yr at it)! As Winston Churchill once said, "life is too short to give a shit, let's go bomb Dresden and then get some tacos." Thanks for your letter!

heart - dave

No comments: